wanting to try a GUI toolkit: needing some advice on which one to choose

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 10:53:54 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 1 June 2021 at 10:11:25 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> Another issue is that these hobby projects are not state of the
> art solutions, they stuck in early 90's (ok, maybe late 90's),
> where the rest of the world using different architectures and
> approaches that was evolved several times from then.
> And yet people who asks for UI libraries goes like "nah, no
> fancy schmancy CSS, and no markup. gimme good ol'
> programmatical approach" or "bloat bloat bloat, no thanks"

Yes, I agree. I think Flutter forced Apple's hand, so they made
SwiftUI? It is tempting to think that UI-specification is a
mature field, but apparently not. It is still evolving.

I think the best approach is to create an UI for a specific
application and then later turn it into a library. Then one at
least have experience and can sort out weak spots before handing
it to others.

Maybe if DPlug had more users something interesting would emerge?
DPlug is the only framework I find interesting with D right now.