wanting to try a GUI toolkit: needing some advice on which one to choose

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 23:50:35 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 1 June 2021 at 23:42:58 UTC, someone wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 June 2021 at 23:16:04 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>> Possibly. Yet, Skia release notes keep mentioning hardware
>> related themes. I guess that could be your canary (wait until
>> release notes no longer list hardware related issues).
>
> Huh

When Skia release notes no longer mention changes due to
hardware, then we can assume that the hardware abstraction is
workable.

>> There is no such thing as 2D/3D anymore AFAIK? Shaders are
>> fairly generic.
>
> Bump.

Not sure what you meant?

>> Skia is less work.
>
> Have you actually used it within D for anything remotely
> "serious" ? By serious I mean something not a casual/hobby
> project, something that you must rely on.

Of course not, D is a hobby and I consider D to be a
work-in-progress.

Not sure how that relates to Skia? Skia is used in many products.
If I was to use D for something serious, Skia would probably be
the first thing I would consider...