Any 3D Game or Engine with examples/demos which just work (compile&run) out of the box on linux ?

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 05:27:32 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 1 June 2021 at 20:07:39 UTC, Prokop Hapala wrote:
> After some sime I tried to return to this, using dependency on
> older version of dagon
>
> I got errors in dlib
> Not sure how to understadn this
>
> ```
> Error: incompatible types for (box.pmax) - (box.center): both
> operands are of type Vector!(float, 3)
> ```
>
> If both operands are the same time `Vector!(float, 3)` I would
> think the subtractioon is defined in dlib ... why not ?

Error messages sucks sometimes. It is likely related to const/ref
combinations, for example vector operator- overloads accepting
const refs and you have regular mutable vectors. D ref's is
somewhat messy.

Anyway I tried dagon in past and I don't see why bother with it,
better stick with something that can handle industry standard
formats such as FBX, another issue is shaders fused in right in
the engine.
As an alternative the only thing probably worth checking is
godot-d which is native interface for scripting in Godot Engine.
This engine has its quirks though (my most hated "feature" is
that it requires you to create script config for each your native
class).