Any 3D Game or Engine with examples/demos which just work (compile&run) out of the box on linux ?

Prokop Hapala ProkopHapala at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 14:02:14 UTC 2021

thanks, evilrat

> Anyway I tried dagon in past and I don't see why bother with
> it, better stick with something that can handle industry
> standard formats such as FBX, another issue is shaders fused in
> right in the engine.
> As an alternative the only thing probably worth checking is
> godot-d which is native interface for scripting in Godot
> Engine. This engine has its quirks though (my most hated
> "feature" is that it requires you to create script config for
> each your native class).

Basically I'm desperate do find anything which encapsulates
OpenGL calls into some nice D-lang classes to learn from it. I
don't really want to use Dagon, nor Godot. What I want is to use
it as learning resources fro learning graphics programming in
Dlang.

Rewriting my graphics engine from C++ to Dlang is huge barrier
for me, sice I don't know Dlang enough. I want to see some nice
Tricks and convenience of Dlang features applied to graphics
programming.

Ability to compile without much hessel is minimal requirement for
me.
The only thing which I was able to compile up to no was dmech,
which is nice for physics but very old OpenGL