Asking for D solution

Alexander Tretyak alextretyak2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 23:40:52 UTC 2021

Hello.

I'm looking for someone who has plenty of experience in the D
programming language.

I have some task, which I hope will be added to Rosetta Code.
This task is based on pqmarkup, and is called pqmarkup-lite.

The specialty of this task is formatting characters of pqmarkup
{paired quotation marks themselves, and Н, Р, С, Т, О, which
allow both Latin and Cyrillic writing} go beyond ASCII. This
significantly complicates working with input UTF-8 string
directly (especially in languages [like C++] which have no
built-in UTF-8 support).

I've already translated the [original implementation in
Python](https://github.com/pqmarkup/pqmarkup-lite/blob/master/pqmarkup_lite.py) of this task into C++ (there are two implementations: [using u16string](https://github.com/pqmarkup/pqmarkup-lite/blob/master/cpp/utf16/utf16.cpp) and [using UTF-8 string](https://github.com/pqmarkup/pqmarkup-lite/blob/master/cpp/utf8/utf8.cpp)).
Also there is a [Nim
translation](https://github.com/pqmarkup/pqmarkup-lite/blob/master/nim/pqmarkup_lite1.nim) by Luc Secouard.

And now I'm looking for people who can translate this task into
other languages (D, Rust, Swift, etc.), and then I will compare
all implementations by code readability and by performance.

So, can someone provide the most idiomatic D solution to this
task?
I can pay for that (not very much though).