Unittests not firing?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jun 11 21:05:30 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 08:30:28PM +0000, Mike Brown via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Friday, 11 June 2021 at 16:28:48 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 03:20:49PM +0000, Mike Brown via
> > Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> > > On Friday, 11 June 2021 at 15:13:17 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Right OK, mine says 1/1 unittests failed - but this should say
> > > Modules?
> > >
> > > I will interpret it as Modules, ty!
> >
> > This is a bug that was fixed in more recent versions of druntime.
> > Basically it was a misleading message because the count is the
> > number of modules, not the number of individual tests.
[...]
> OK, thank you - Im using LDC 1.27.0-beta1 which looks to be the newest
> I can find, is there a way to update the druntime manually?

Huh, that doesn't look right. This was fixed since June last year, so it
*should* have made it into the latest compiler releases already. Unless
this one was missed somehow (but I doubt it).

> I've problems with exceptions that might be related to me being out of
> date?
[...]

Are you sure your druntime is up-to-date with your LDC version?  One
thing to beware of is stale copies of druntime lying around that the
compiler picked up instead of the latest version.  This may lead to
subtle discrepancies that cause strange runtime problems like runtime
crashes or other odd behaviours.  (Though generally this shouldn't be a
problem with LDC, it's more commonly a problem with DMD installations.)

If the comments and the code disagree, it's likely that *both* are wrong. -- Christopher