SDL2 Android vulkan question

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 13:43:11 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 12:35:51 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 08:58:30 UTC, Danny Arends wrote:
>
>> Any thoughts on why loading the Vulkan library using SDL2
>> would not work ?
>> thoughts in general about the process ?
>
> Just few tips.
> GC "crashes" since you have custom main, D default main has
> runtime initialization code so it "just works", in you custom
> main function try to do this before any call to D code.

Oops, nevermind. I thought you've missed runtime initialization
at all but you have rt_init.
In that case you can try disable parallel collection, or it could
be a bug.

https://dlang.org/spec/garbage.html#gc_config
https://dlang.org/spec/garbage.html#gc_parallel

> As for SDL2, are you sure it was built with Vulkan support?
> Do you have any other Vulkan apps to test if it actually
> supported by your device?

SDL2 docs also says vulkan load library should be called only
after you created window surface. It is hard to say from provided
code if you have that too.

Anyway, I might try to look at this next weekend. Do you have
this project available on github/google drive?