SDL2 Android vulkan question

Danny Arends Danny.Arends at gmail.com
Sun May 2 16:19:15 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 13:43:11 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 12:35:51 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>> On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 08:58:30 UTC, Danny Arends wrote:
>>
>>> Any thoughts on why loading the Vulkan library using SDL2
>>> would not work ?
>>> thoughts in general about the process ?
>>
>> Just few tips.
>> GC "crashes" since you have custom main, D default main has
>> runtime initialization code so it "just works", in you custom
>> main function try to do this before any call to D code.
>>

> Oops, nevermind. I thought you've missed runtime initialization
> at all but you have rt_init.
> In that case you can try disable parallel collection, or it
> could be a bug.
>
> https://dlang.org/spec/garbage.html#gc_config
> https://dlang.org/spec/garbage.html#gc_parallel
>
>> As for SDL2, are you sure it was built with Vulkan support?
>> Do you have any other Vulkan apps to test if it actually
>> supported by your device?
>
> SDL2 docs also says vulkan load library should be called only
> after you created window surface. It is hard to say from
> provided code if you have that too.

Yeah, it's tricky to create an SDL window sometimes, like on
android SDL_CreateWindow not being allowed to have it
SDL_WINDOWPOS_CENTERED

I thought they meant use it like after SDL_Init(), but before you
create the window. I think the function pointer might not be
loaded since the SDL_Init returns a which means 2.0.1 for some
reason.

I think something is going wrong and nothing is doing a dlopen()
on vulkan.so

> Anyway, I might try to look at this next weekend. Do you have
> this project available on github/google drive?

well it's just a bunch of files atm, but with a serious
dependency chain, I'll try to minimize it. Guess for now the
deprecated openGL has to be the fallback