wanting to try a GUI toolkit: needing some advice on which one to choose

someone someone at somewhere.com
Sat May 29 00:57:12 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 27 May 2021 at 16:49:41 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:

> I humbly believe the most complete one is GtKD.
>
> https://gtkdcoding.com/
> https://gtkd.org
>
> We all wish there was a STANDARD D GUI library out there, but
> that is a huge effort one or two individuals can't do by
> themselves (that is why all such efforts failed in the past)...

Thanks a lot for your info :) !

I want you to know that I am replying to myself on the first post
summarizing what I already learned researching the subject
starting with the tips provided by you as well as anyone else
that replied to my post. Please, if you want and have the time,
check my last post and let me know anything I got wrong.

As I stated in the original post and feel at ease with GTK+ 2.#
and not so with the GTK+ 3.#. That's is why I choose MATE as my
desktop environment which in reality is a stripped down version
of MATE itself: the widget that rocks is the MATE panel,
everything else is questionable, not to mention really bad
software like Atril (the PDF viewer). I do run MATE on archlinux
right now and built the package myself setting aside everything I
do not want/use.

Do you know if GTKD will be kepping support for the 2.# branch,
or, if they plan to deprecate it moving ahead ?