wanting to try a GUI toolkit: needing some advice on which one to choose

btiffin btiffin at myopera.com
Sat May 29 10:51:47 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 27 May 2021 at 16:49:41 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>> [...]
>
> I humbly believe the most complete one is GtKD.
>
> https://gtkdcoding.com/
> https://gtkd.org
>
> We all wish there was a STANDARD D GUI library out there, but
> that is a huge effort one or two individuals can't do by
> themselves (that is why all such efforts failed in the past)...

Agree about GTK and completeness (though D explorations still
counted under 100 hours).

Will politely disagree about 1 or 2 can't do by themselves...
Yeah, yeah they can.  :-)  Magic people.  Ok, people with skills
so advanced (relative to the rest of us) as to be
indistinguishable from magic.

REBOL, Carl on REBOL dialects for layout with a partner coding
view graphic drivers.  For example.  It can happen, and does
happen.  Super star doers.

Rare, yes.  Happens.  There is hope.  And yes, agree, lots of
fail, *but not all, fail*.

Have good, make well,
Blue