Payload Details with std.net.curl:post

Kyle Ingraham kyle at kyleingraham.com
Sun Nov 28 01:06:45 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 27 November 2021 at 22:18:48 UTC, ikod wrote:
> On Saturday, 27 November 2021 at 20:31:16 UTC, Kyle Ingraham
> wrote:
>> On Saturday, 27 November 2021 at 19:21:28 UTC, frame wrote:
>>> On Saturday, 27 November 2021 at 17:41:55 UTC, Kyle Ingraham
>>> wrote:
>>>
>> I was afraid of that. Thank you for clarifying. I’ve tried
>> other clients but they all seem to have trouble verifying
>> HTTPS connections.
>
> Which clients did you try, and what the troubles they have?

Hi ikod. I tried `requests` on Windows 10 (Build 19042) and got
the following exception:

```
object.Exception at C:\Users\Kyle
Ingraham\AppData\Local\dub\packages\requests-2.0.2\requests\source\requests\streams.d(890): ssl connect failed: certificate verify failed
```

I checked the issues page for `hunt-http` and saw that there were
similar reports there from Windows users (I have not verified
them myself). I did not try `vibe-http` because the callback
interface in the docs wasn't one that grabbed me.

I would have dug further into the solution for the `requests`
exception as I like the interface it provides but I was eager to
power through the OAuth bit of my prototyping so that I could
experiment with the Google Photos API.

Do you have tips on why I might be getting that exception? I'm
guessing I need to point `requests` at a trust store.