How to deploy single exe application (?)

Willem willem at m.com
Mon Nov 29 14:58:07 UTC 2021

On Monday, 29 November 2021 at 07:29:35 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> `DerelictSDL2.load()` cannot load curl. It is not a generic dll
> loader. It only loads SDL and doesn't know anything about curl
> or any other library.
>
> In order to dynamically load curl like this, you need a binding
> that supports it, i.e., a binding that declares the curl API as
> function pointers and knows how to load them from the DLL.
>
> Also, DerelictSDL2 is no longer maintained. Please use
> bindbc-sdl for new projects:
>
> http://bindbc-sdl.dub.pm/

Thanks again for all the responses. For now -- I am simply adding
the DLL to the EXE and writing it out to the working directory.
Not elegant - but it does work.

```
import std.stdio;
import std.file;

ubyte[] curlBytes = cast(ubyte[]) import("libcurl.dll");

void main(string[] args)
{
     std.file.write("libcurl.dll", curlBytes);

     // test curl
     import std.net.curl;
     auto content = get("https://httpbin.org/get");
	writeln(content);