How to do a function pointer to "malloc" and "free"?

Elmar chrehme at gmx.de
Sun Oct 17 23:07:15 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 10 October 2021 at 17:14:30 UTC, Adam Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 10 October 2021 at 13:52:57 UTC, Elmar wrote:
>> The language subset "BetterC" is required for calling D
>> functions from C though.
>
> This is false.
>
> You can use any D features when calling it from C, you just
> need to provide an init and term function that is called from C
> that runtime initialize and terminate for the full experience.
>
>> BetterC helper librarys like Tanya or Tango do exist.
>
> I don't know tanya, but Tango has absolutely nothing to do with
> betterC. It is a set of classes that use the full runtime.

That's nice!

Do you have a link for more information how to initialize the D
runtime? I just wondered about that because I thought it actually
shouldn't be much more difficult than just linking the runtime
into the foreign-language compiled program. I didn't find
information on that. Maybe I didn't search long enough.