Program crash: GC destroys an object unexpectedly

eugene dee0xeed at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 08:13:39 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 18:38:34 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> But realize that C has it's share of "shocks" as well

Any language is just an instrument,
most of the 'shocks' come not from
languages themselves, but from the
'enviromment', so to say.

An example that came to mind...
Did you know that sending data via write()/send()
to a socket, that is in CLOSE_WAIT state,
results in sending data to nowhere and
write() indicates no error?

By the way, GC is a sort of 'environment' (not the language
itself),
it acts behind the scenes (unless you are using it directly)

> you are just more used to them (or maybe you have been lucky so
> far?)

Once I've been very 'lucky' with unaligned pointer dereference on
ARM...