Program crash: GC destroys an object unexpectedly

eugene dee0xeed at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 12:10:09 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 18:38:34 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> I find it interesting how you blame yourself for C's
> idiosyncrasies

Me? Blaming *myself* for C 'idiosyncrasies'? :) Where?

> but not for D's ;)

I've been learning D for about 3 months only.

> I would say C has far more pitfalls than D.

No doubt - and I've never said C is "better" than D.
I was going to try betterC subset
(say, try to implement dynamic arrays),
but did not have much free time yet.

> Check out the undefined behaviors for C.

Nothing interesting...
Most of UB in C are just programmer's sloppiness.
C requires a programmer to be careful/punctual,
much more careful, than ... a python, for ex.