Install D lang on Windows 10 : an installation step by step tutorial made by a beginner who loves D !

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 09:04:24 UTC 2022

On Monday, 18 April 2022 at 08:22:43 UTC, SMAOLAB wrote:
> I tried to install D on a Windows 10 but encountered some
> difficulties (even though I was reading the official D langage
> tutorial available on the official website).

What went wrong when you used the DMD installer? Installing
Visual Studio should not be necessary, since DMD ships with the
lld linker and MinGW Windows import libraries. If it doesn't work
out of the box, it should be fixed.

Nevertheless, thanks for writing the detailed instructions.

> Have a nice reading and don't hesitate to send me your
> comments, I will improve the document...

I don't see the guide (explicitly) installing git, but I recall
dub needing it to install packages. Is that covered?