Install D lang on Windows 10 : an installation step by step tutorial made by a beginner who loves D !

SMAOLAB stephane at ribas.fr
Mon Apr 18 16:20:38 UTC 2022

Dear Community,
Thanks for your reactions/feedbacks.

> What went wrong when you used the DMD installer?

Nothing really, the thing that went really wrong is the Microsoft
Visual Studio (which licence I should install to get my D / Dplug
program work). Next, I use LDC rather than DMD (but this only for
my goal to develop DPLUG codes).

After I noticed that if you don't install VisualD and Microsoft
Visual Studio you may have issues (you don't see the DMD
extension for instance, the PATH is not set)

On Monday, 18 April 2022 at 09:04:24 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> I don't see the guide (explicitly) installing git, but I recall
> dub needing it to install packages. Is that covered?
Yeap, I will add it and update the D-idioms.
Thanks !