Comping a Musl-linked druntime & phobos?

TheGag96 thegag96 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 01:45:50 UTC 2022

Hi, all. Has anyone had any success compiling a Musl-linked
druntime and phobos? I haven't had any luck so far. I'm running
Linux Mint x64.

Somewhat related - using `-target=x86_64-linux-musl` with dmd
master doesn't even set the version `CRuntime_Musl`. I asked
about this in the Discord, and I was told by Horo:

> dmd 2.096 worked well for me. Same for gdc, haven't tried ldc.
> There is/was a bug that was introduced recently in druntime
> that broke musl but the older versions should work fine

2.096 doesn't have the `-target` option, and 2.097.0-2.098.0
don't even build properly for me. Using LDC to build works of
course, but only with `-betterC` (i.e. no druntime/phobos).