@safe SQL database on Windows

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 01:58:31 UTC 2022

On 2/12/22 2:03 PM, Mateus de Lima Oliveira wrote:
> I'm trying to use a SQL database with vibe.d on Windows. I'd like to
> write fully @safe code on Windows. I know I could just use @trusted but
> I need to be sure that the library code can be trusted. It would be nice
> if the library is also somewhat popular so I know it won't just be
> forgotten and never be supported. I've tried many libraries including
> the following:
>
>    * mysql-native seems nice except for the @system code;

I'm working on mysql-native to be @safe. Sorry, it's been on my plate
for a while. I was nearly complete, and then I had to take over the
whole library (Nick handed me the reins).

It's in a state right now where I have to pretty much port all the
changes to the latest branch. It's not really hard, but because I
shuffled all the tests from the main library, the code is impossible to
rebase.

I'm hoping in the next month I'll have it merged. Then @safe
mysql-native will be a thing.

For reference: