Basic SQLite Application

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:57:11 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 1 June 2022 at 03:46:38 UTC, harakim wrote:
> I started trying to get it to compile in another directory
> structure but since I've switched to dub

It should work the way you have it, just with dub you can also
the dub version instead of copying the files:
https://code.dlang.org/packages/arsd-official%3Asqlite

both are supposed to work.

anyway

> it compiles and runs and returns some large negative number as
> an error without printing what's in the writeln.

What is the number? My guess is you might have gotten the wrong
sqlite3.dll (it should come from the same source as the .lib file
you used) or it is in the wrong place.

> I won't rule out that my lib file is the wrong file as I don't
> know how to tell or find the right one.

That's possible too but it would normally fail to link entirely
if this was it. My money is on the dll, especially since the
main() doesn't even try to open the database, it must be a

BTW:

	"copyFiles":["lib/sqlite3.lib"]

You don't need that, the .lib is only used while building. You
might need to copyFiles the .dll though.