Parameters declared as the alias of a template won't accept the arguments of the same type.

Elfstone elfstone at yeah.net
Mon May 2 00:54:40 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 14:14:59 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 12:39:08 UTC, Elfstone wrote:
>>
>> Great, I'm using the constraint, until it's fixed.
>> Will it be fixed though? The DIP that Tejas linked is from
>> 2020!!!
>
> The DIP was postponed. I can contact the author to see if he
> intends to pick it up again. If not, anyone interested can take
> it over. And anyone can submit an alternative at any time.

Thanks. This breaks a lot of things. I don't know the reason
behind the postponing, but who would expect one can't declare a
parameter with an alias if it's a template?! Speaking of
inconsistency.
I'm sure there are bigger issues out there to be solved, but it's
quite disencouraging if such a significant improvement(or rather
fix) stays ignored.

----
I just recently started investing my spare time in D, rewriting
something I wrote in C++, because the first look at D was really
nice. I ran into quite a few problems and have questioned the
design here and there. Fortunately (and unfortunately), this so
far is the biggest issue I've run into.
For now, I think I'll keep doing what I have being doing, hoping
D will suit my purpose. Then I can invest more.