aarch64 plans for D lang ?

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Mon Aug 28 15:38:34 UTC 2023

On Monday, 28 August 2023 at 15:14:52 UTC, BrianLinuxing wrote:
> On Monday, 28 August 2023 at 15:04:25 UTC, Sergey wrote:
>> On Monday, 28 August 2023 at 14:38:36 UTC, BrianLinuxing wrote:
>>> Afternoon all,
>>>
>>> I think D Lang has such potential :)
>>
>> Both GDC and LDC should support Linux aarch64. LDC even has
>> file in Releases
>> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.34.0
>
> Thank you that looks good :)
>
> But is it the full installer and all of the bits?

> Any helpful pointers would be useful, thanks :)

I never worked with Pi boards, but in the archive from release
should be binaries and some internal libraries. Usually just
unzip + put some environment variables/path is enough.

Also this is bit outdated example (not mine):
https://gist.github.com/shabunin/8e3af1725c1c45f225174e9c2ee1557a
Maybe it could be reused.

There is also a docker container
(https://github.com/Reavershark/ldc2-raspberry-pi) where you can
try to build software for Pi on your regular computer.

Moreover you can try the same installation script as in your
first message, but use -ldc instead of -dmd in the end. But I
think using files from GitHub Releases of official LDC repo will
be better and easier.