D is a great language, but I've had a bad experience getting started

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Thu Dec 14 12:59:34 UTC 2023

Welcome!

Regarding the problems with dub on OSX, that'll be due to separate build
+ link steps.

It should work ok if you build and link in a single step with the
workaround applied.

DC is an environment variable that should point to the D compiler.

As a variable this particular one has some sort of story with it, I just
can't remember it.

We'd need to know what is requesting it to find out how to resolve it.
Please try again with ``-v`` that should tell us what is wanting it.