D is a great language, but I've had a bad experience getting started

Renato renato at athaydes.com
Thu Dec 14 13:02:22 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 12:59:34 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> Welcome!
>

> Regarding the problems with dub on OSX, that'll be due to
> separate build + link steps.
>
> It should work ok if you build and link in a single step with
> the workaround applied.
>

> DC is an environment variable that should point to the D
> compiler.
>
> As a variable this particular one has some sort of story with
> it, I just can't remember it.
>
> We'd need to know what is requesting it to find out how to
> resolve it. Please try again with ``-v`` that should tell us
> what is wanting it.

That output was already with -v enabled. It just didn't show
anything else relevant.

But I found an issue from a few years ago about that:

https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/issues/2677

That's why I figured out I was using very old versions of
everything on Linux.

How do you tell dub to "build and link in a single step"?