Building a wasm library, need to override .object._d_newitemT!T

Etienne Cimon etienne at cimons.com
Sat Dec 23 20:42:37 UTC 2023

Hello,

I've been developing a library[1] based on spasm for which I've
implemented the druntime and currently it compiles web apps
properly with TypeInfo, no GC, and it even uses diet templates.

I'm having a problem implementing the `new` keyword, so that I
can start importing more libraries with minimal change. However,
LDC calls .object._d_newitemT!T from the original druntime -
which I need for compile-time function execution, but my
implementation in `module object` doesn't override it in the
compiler and the original implementation tries import
core.stdc.time which errors out in wasm (with good reasons). Is
there a compiler flag than I can use to override module templates?

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://github.com/etcimon/libwasm