Non-ugly ways to implement a 'static' class or namespace?

ProtectAndHide ProtectAndHide at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 01:05:20 UTC 2023

On Friday, 10 February 2023 at 23:22:34 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
> A good example of a language that does everything right is C#.
> If C# wasn't tied to Microsoft, it would honestly be pretty
> much the perfect language. Java is also pretty good, but it has
> its downsides.

I don't agree with all of that.

C# is certainly one of 'great' programming languages.

Particulary because of its extensive framework library, which D
could never compete with.

Also, the  move to open-source, and the move to cross platform
with dotnet, makes C# (dotnet) a very attractive option for many
use cases, and will certainly see the language being used more
and more...

I don't necessarily have a problem (anymore) with it being tied
to Microsoft (because of the above). Also, Microsoft can afford
to employ 'the best', which is what they indeed do, and which is
why C# is what it is today.

What attracts me to D, is the inability to program outside of a
class in C#. I think they are trying to find ways to make this
happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If only D 'really did' support OOP, as it claims, it would be
more useful to me.