Non-ugly ways to implement a 'static' class or namespace?

thebluepandabear thereabluepandabear at protonmail.com
Sat Feb 11 02:18:48 UTC 2023

> What attracts me to D, is the inability to program outside of a
> class in C#. I think they are trying to find ways to make this
> happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

programming outside of a class is overrated though in my opinion.
i've never seen a usecase for it in an object oriented language.
Of course Kotlin can do this, which is good, but you can just
create utility classes (i.e. `static class` in C#, `final class`
in Java with a private ctor, or Kotlin `object`.)