Non-ugly ways to implement a 'static' class or namespace?

ProtectAndHide ProtectAndHide at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 06:55:49 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 18 February 2023 at 06:12:47 UTC, RTM wrote:

> No offense, but it looks like your surprise comes from your
> inexperience.

More likely is comes from my experience .. otherwise I wouldn't
be surprised ;-)

btw.

I love the way that Brayan Martinez (Senior Developer with Azure,
Spring Boot, and Flutter.) outlines all the well-thoughout out
positive reasons.
https://github.com/dart-lang/sdk/issues/33383#issuecomment-395987115

Then the next guy says..."Sounds like personal preference."
https://github.com/dart-lang/sdk/issues/33383#issuecomment-396031405

As for me, I don't even know what Dart is ;-)

I guess we could all revert to:

class foo()
{
   int _x; // this is private. please don't use it outside of this
class.
}

and hope that people read and comply with that instruction -
cause we all know how great people are at following instructions
;-)

D could just add a new keyword (problem solved!)

class foo()
{
   intern int x; // x is internal to foo.
}

of course, then we get to the next issue ... protected ;-)

No, I think D is not for me.