Using Windbg to debug D applications and unittests

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 19:55:27 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 25 February 2023 at 19:31:10 UTC, solidstate1991
wrote:

> Well, VS turned to be even less cooperative than before. Now it
> only loads and runs a specific old version of an EXE file.
>
> I'm asking around for other debuggers, I'm definitely moving to
> another.

Nothing happens without a reason, check your project settings and
make sure that for debugging you have correct paths, command, and
arguments.

Even with no debug info and no project you can just drop an
executable to an empty VS window and start debugging it, at the
very least it can show disassembly.
If there is .pdb files with debug info next to your executable
you can just drag and drop your D source files and then add
breakpoints in that source files and it will work.