How to setup dub project for contributing to a dub package?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 01:47:29 UTC 2023

On 6/23/23 8:23 PM, Ki Rill wrote:

> It works fine if I add it as a `dub` package, but I want to add the
> repository so I can modify it, then test it on a new project, and make a
> PR that improves the package.
>
> How do people usually set up their projects for such tasks?

1. git clone to a local directory (use your fork, so you can change and
submit when you want to do a PR)
2. CD to that directory
3. `dub add-local .`

Now it will use the local directory as the equivalent of the latest tag
instead of downloading from the repository.

You may have to `dub upgrade` your project that depends on it, or
temporarily depend on a different version.

-Steve