How to setup dub project for contributing to a dub package?

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 22:21:35 UTC 2023

On Friday, 23 June 2023 at 15:52:44 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew
Cattermole wrote:
> First things first, dcv is added to the dub-registry, so use
> this.
>
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/dcv
>
> ```json
> "dependencies": {
> 	"dcv": "~>0.3.0"
> }
> ```
>
> For ffmpeg the binding tells you what to add for search paths
> in the lflags directive.
>
> https://github.com/ljubobratovicrelja/ffmpeg-d#adding-to-dub
>
> All I can suggest is make sure you have the right dev packages
> for ffmpeg installed and findable by the linker.

Just to make things clear,

I don't recommend to use DCV from dub registry, it's outdated. I
have an opinion that the docs should be updated before creating a
new version updating the dub repo. There are so many API changes
between the last dub repo version and the master repo. I don't
know if I will find time and motivation anytime soon. I doubt
someone else will do it too (it is a huge welcome though).