Toolchain with ldc and AArch64 OSX

Cecil Ward cecil at cecilward.com
Sat Jun 24 15:16:37 UTC 2023

I have LDC running on an ARM Mac. If anyone else out there is an
LDC or GDC user, could you knock up a quick shell program to
compile and link a .d file to produce an executable ? found the
linker but these tools are all new to me and a bit of help would
save me a lot of trial and error and frustration as I try to find
docs. GDC would be great too.

I have managed to achieve this before on a Raspberry Pi AArch64
Linux Debian where the compiler can link and generate an
executable just in integrated fashion in the one command. The OSX
tools seem rather different however.

I’m going to try installing GDC on the Mac next, have got that
running on the Pi too successfully.