Toolchain with ldc and AArch64 OSX

max haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 16:19:54 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 24 June 2023 at 15:16:37 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:
> I have LDC running on an ARM Mac. If anyone else out there is
> an LDC or GDC user, could you knock up a quick shell program to
> compile and link a .d file to produce an executable ? found the
> linker but these tools are all new to me and a bit of help
> would save me a lot of trial and error and frustration as I try
> to find docs. GDC would be great too.
>
> I have managed to achieve this before on a Raspberry Pi AArch64
> Linux Debian where the compiler can link and generate an
> executable just in integrated fashion in the one command. The
> OSX tools seem rather different however.
>
> I’m going to try installing GDC on the Mac next, have got that
> running on the Pi too successfully.

I have ldc installed (from `brew`) on my (also arm) Mac, it works
fine, or do you specifically want to work out which linker to
invoke manually and so on?

I'm not sure if gdc is currently easy to obtain on arm macs. I
think it should work fine but some packages hadn't enabled arm
support on macos yet, last time *I* checked at least.