dub.sdl bindbc-glfw is returning a deprecation warming. So what do I do now?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 00:42:17 UTC 2023

On 3/8/23 7:21 PM, WhatMeWorry wrote:
> my small dub.sdl project uses:
>
> dependency "bindbc-glfw"      version="~>1.0.1"
> versions "GLFW_33"
>
> and returns
>
> Building bindbc-glfw 1.0.1: building configuration [dynamic]
> C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\dub\packages\bindbc-glfw-1.0.1\bindbc-glfw\source\bindbc\glfw\binddynamic.d(557,11): Deprecation: variable `bindbc.loader.system.bindWindows` is deprecated
>

> So now what?  I'm pretty sure deprecation means to replace with
> something better
> but what would that be?   I looked on github code in binddynamic.d at
> line 557 and
> the package info at the DUB web site and I'm still clueless.

It's newly deprecated, without much explanation:

https://github.com/BindBC/bindbc-loader/commit/d13d7f246f325472b26282cfac8d2b02b26eccac

Last commit to bindbc-glfw is from last year, so it makes sense why it
is triggering this.

I feel it was in error to deprecate symbols without bumping the major
revision.

-Steve