Code organization, dub, etc.

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 13:58:29 UTC 2023

On Monday, 13 March 2023 at 13:20:21 UTC, Joe wrote:
> Yeah, it seems like it's *only* for libraries (and a few
> single-exe utilities).  Looking at code.dlang.org, under
> "Stand-alone applications/Server software", the top rated item
> is "handy-httpd" which according to its dub.json builds a
> library!

I'm not particularly interested in defending dub - i consider it
a useless piece of crap that I only suffer through cuz some users
demanded it - but you can use the subpackage thing to build
multiple executables. My thing here does it:

https://code.dlang.org/packages/adr-terminalemulator

relevant config code  here:
https://github.com/adamdruppe/terminal-emulator/blob/master/dub.json#L31

So the mactabs exe and the attach exe and so on are all a bit
different programs you can run from the code.