better video rendering in d

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 17:29:22 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 21 March 2023 at 17:18:15 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 04:57:49PM +0000, monkyyy via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> My current method of making videos of using raylib to generate
>> screenshots, throwing those screenshots into a folder and
>> calling a magic ffmpeg command is ... slow.
> [...]
>
> How slow is it now, and how fast do you want it to be?

I vaguely remember an hour and half for 5 minutes of video when
its extremely lightweight and raylib trivially does real-time to
display it normally and realistically I wouldn't be surprised if
it could do 1000 frames a second.

Coping several gb of data to disk(that probably asking the gpu
one pixel at a time) to be compressed down into a dozen mb of
video is just... temp shit. I should just do something that isnt
stressing hard drives extremely unnecessarily.