Proper way to handle "alias this" deprecation for classes

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Wed May 10 19:56:10 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 10 May 2023 at 16:01:40 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> 	x   =   y;
> 	^       ^
> 	|       |
> 	lvalue  rvalue

> 	// This is OK:
> 	x = y + 1;
>
> 	// This is not OK:
> 	(y + 1) = x;

Thanks for the clear explanation.

My problem with the terms lvalue and rvalue is much more basic,
and is just a personal one that only affects probably 0.1% of
people.  I just can't keep left vs. right straight in real life.
"Right" in my head always means "correct".

My daughter hates it when I'm telling her which way to turn the