malloc error when trying to assign the returned pointer to a struct field

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Sat Sep 9 11:15:01 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 9 September 2023 at 10:54:34 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> Hate to be that guy, but I posted a link to a stackoverflow
> question with the exact error message you were getting, and the
> solution. And I told you I had experienced the same error and
> that question fixed it.

No reason to not says something, always speak you mind my friend!

I did read it and all the replies but the problem is that, I was
so focused on thinking that something is going wrong with the
compiler or with libc or something unexpected. For that reason, I
made the mistake to not see other things that might had gotten
wrong even tho you literally gave me the answer! That's another
problem of mine that I am aware and trying to fix (not only when
it comes to coding but in general) and I do apologize for wasting
both mine and everyone else's time!

Now that people explained to me, I fully understood what's going
on and how I made the mistake. Have a great day my friend and I
hope I can repay one day! ;)