Vibe.d download function, how to get callback when done or error?

Christian Köstlin christian.koestlin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 20:20:31 UTC 2023

On 23.09.23 14:07, Joe at bloow.edu wrote:
> I'm using download(url, filename) to download files in vibe.d.
>
> The issue is that I do not know when the download is finished or errors.
> There is a callback for the streaming side but not for the file download.

A small test program shows, that if the function return normally the
transfer was done (and the file saved).
The function raises an exception if there is e,g, an http error status
communicated.

I am not sure what happens if the download is interrupted in the middle.
I guess there will be an exception, but the file might be written partially.

Kind regards,
Christian