Vibe.d download function, how to get callback when done or error?

Joe at bloow.edu Joe at bloow.edu
Sun Sep 24 10:01:26 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 23 September 2023 at 20:20:31 UTC, Christian Köstlin
wrote:
> On 23.09.23 14:07, Joe at bloow.edu wrote:
>> I'm using download(url, filename) to download files in vibe.d.
>>
>> The issue is that I do not know when the download is finished
>> or errors. There is a callback for the streaming side but not
>> for the file download.
>>
> A small test program shows, that if the function return
> normally the transfer was done (and the file saved).
> The function raises an exception if there is e,g, an http error
> status communicated.
>
> I am not sure what happens if the download is interrupted in
> the middle. I guess there will be an exception, but the file
> might be written partially.
>

> Kind regards,
> Christian

I can't do any testing because overnight for no explicable reason
the app will not compile any more.

If it is synchronous then I should be able to do what I need
without issue. When I initially was using it and the way the app
works it seemed like it was running in parallel because I didn't
see it execute synchronously because the tasks were relatively
short and I just thought it was asynchronous for some reason(I
didn't give it any thought at the time until I got errors in the
download and needed to make the code more robust but I can't do
anything until I figure out why the code no longer compiles(I
made a post about it but it's not showing up yet).