Help optimize D solution to phone encoding problem: extremely slow performace.

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Wed Jan 17 16:30:08 UTC 2024

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 07:19:39AM +0000, Renato via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> But pls run the benchmarks yourself as I am not going to keep running
> it for you, and would be nice if you posted your solution on a Gist
> for example, pasting lots of code in the forum makes it difficult to
> follow.

I can't. I spent half an hour trying to get ./benchmark.sh to run, but
no matter what it could not compile benchmark_runner. It complains that
my rustc is too old and some dependencies do not support it. I tried
running the suggested cargo update command to pin the versions but none
of them worked.  Since I'm not a Rust user, I'm not feeling particularly
motivated right now to spend any more time on this.  Upgrading my rustc
isn't really an option because that's the version currently in my distro
and I really don't feel like spending more time to install a custom
version of rustc just for this benchmark.

Today's society is one of specialization: as you grow, you learn more and more about less and less. Eventually, you know everything about nothing.