Can a D library have some types determined by the client program?

Liam McGillivray yoshi.pit.link.mario at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 22:03:34 UTC 2024

Update on two things:

One is that I now better understand what it means that D objects
are "reference by default". This means that references *can* be
null if they are declared with a class. In my commits last night,
I have changed many pointers into references. I think my time
will be smoother from now on, spending far less time trying to
debug segfaults.

Secondly, I found out that interfaces can't have variables.
What!? That's crazy! Why wouldn't they? They totally should.
Doesn't this mean that I will need to use getter and setter
functions instead of direct access when using interfaces? I don't
like this.