Had to reinstall my Raspberry Pi, how do I set up LDC2's environment values permamently?

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Tue Mar 19 10:01:29 UTC 2024

On 19/03/2024 10:50 PM, solidstate1991 wrote:
> Due to a screwup on my part, I had to reinstall my Pi's OS (was quicker
> than looking up the potential solution), and since I don't need multiple
> separate versions of D, I want to do away with the
> `activate`/`deactivate` scripts, especially as this method isn't liked
> by certain applications. I once solved this, but I forgot it since it's
> a very unintuitive process.

What I did in my linux VM is in .bashrc script, was to add
``~/.local/bin/ldc*/bin`` to the PATH variable, and simply extract ldc
out into ``~/.local/bin`` manually.

Whereas for a Gitlab CI I used the install script with:

```sh
source $(realpath -m $(curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s
get-path dmd --install)/../../../activate)
```

Does either of this help you?