A new lame UI toolkit for D

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Apr 19 00:17:08 PDT 2006

Joshua Cearley wrote:

> I may be particularly wrong here, but isn't this thread about the IUP
> binding? Comments are useful, but I do not believe that there should be
> a debate on net-etiquette on an announcement :p

Intriguingly, the on-topic thread was in the "announce" newsgroup. :-)

Even more confusingly, I *think* that such discussions (= about GUI)
are supposed to go in the digitalmars.D.dwt group ? Even if not DWT.

But wherever it takes place, all the discussion and testing about the
existing UI toolkits should be a good thing for D, as it needs help ?

IUP is a neat and slim toolkit, even if it is somewhat lowlevel
and only does Motif (beyond Windows) at the moment (not GTK/Mac)

There's plenty of details at http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/
(You should also check out: CD [Canvas Draw] and Lua, on there)

--anders