[OT] Auto code reformating / one coding style enforcment.

Ivan Senji ivan.senji_REMOVE_ at _THIS__gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 05:22:33 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Unknown W. Brackets wrote:
>> Uh-huh, sure.
>>
>> You're usually right, but I don't like having to hit backspace four
>> times or 1 time alternatively based on my indentation level.  That's
>> just bizarre.  I've never seen someone mix tabs like that before...
>>
>> Why do you prefer it, if I may ask?
>>
>> -[Unknown]
>>

>>> It works just fine when you set tabs to be 8 characters, as god
>>> intended them to be.
>

> Because it isn't screwed up when you type it to the screen or the printer.

Out of the infinite number of ways an editor can display a tab on the
screen or print it, it isn't screwed up in *only* one way. So, I'd say
that the average probability of it being screwed up is 100%.