Lazy eval

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at nospam.xyz
Mon Aug 21 14:46:13 PDT 2006

> I agree with you that replacing exp with { return exp; } is clear and
> not much additional typing. But I've discovered over and over to my
> surprise that the additional typing causes people to not realize that D
> has that capability. The extra typing simply kills it.

I use the { return ...; } very much. And I like it very much. And I
fully agree that the return..; is annoying, because if often use it for
a search criteria or something like that. The syntax { singlestatement }
would be pretty cool. But leaving the braces completely out it terrible.
And {} is really not too much to type.

Imagine the terrible bugs that will occur with that. I think one of the
biggest advantages of D vs. C++ is the readability. That is so
important. Really. Please don't destroy that.