D and FreeBSD

Jona Joachim jaj13 at web.de
Thu Aug 31 08:38:49 PDT 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:28:35 +0200, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Jona Joachim wrote:
>> Perhaps you should check if WX_CONFIG is set and only set it if it is not
>> already set because the way it is now you overwrite the WX_CONFIG
>> variable. Perhaps you could do the same for the MAKE variable.
>
> I'll try to come up with something clever, but it'll require /bin/sh
>
> For some reason FreeBSD comes with the drain-bamaged csh by default,
> and that won't do. It doesn't have to be bash, but something usable...

sh is part of the FreeBSD base system so that will be fine.
What's wrong with csh?

>> Strangely I have to rename the GNUmakefiles to Makefile because gmake
>> doesn't find them otherwise when run from the port. Perhaps it is
>> called with -f Makefile, I don't know.
>
> Probably because it is calling "make" and not "gmake" ? (MAKE=gmake)

It actually calls gmake. In the port Makefile you can read USE_GMAKE=yes
I even put MAKE=gmake in the patches which is not a good idea since it
will only find gmake if it's in the path. The port sets this
variable automatically if you define USE_GMAKE.

>> Furthermore
>> $(INSTALL) -p *.d $(libdir)/d/wx/
>> doesn't work:
>
> It requires GNU Install, so you need "coreutils" and a INSTALL=ginstall
> (I must confess that I didn't test installing it, just building Samples)

Ok, I'll try that

Jona