MIT Technology Review: An Interview With Bjarne Stroustrup

zz zz at zz.com
Sun Dec 10 15:06:56 PST 2006

Sean Kelly wrote:
> It shouldn't be too hard to create a D wrapper for it, but converting it
> to a garbage collector would be non-trivial.  It may be best to simple
> offer it as an add-on package for folks who really need that extra bit
> of performance.

I couldn't get NedMalloc to compile under DMC but dlmalloc which
nedmalloc uses compiled and the results I got from some c code were like
1:5.
I wonder what would happen if dlmalloc was used as the base allocator in
Ares or Phobos, would there be any improvement? (I just messed thing up
when playing with phobos but will look into it again as for Ares the
dsource site seems to be having problems).

Zz