Coolest D features

Mike Parker aldacron71 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 27 00:32:40 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> For me, it's hard to pinpoint any particular feature or two. It's the
> combination of features that makes the cake, not the sugar, flour or
> baking powder. So,

This is the line I take. I do harp on D's arrays (which I love), but the
real benefit comes from all of the little bits coming together to make
the whole. As an example in miniature (and since people love specifics),
static if, static foreach, tuples, and other little features all come
together to make D's templates much more powerful and flexible than
those of C++, or Java's crappy Generics.