Coolest D features

Waldemar waldemar at wa-ba.com
Wed Dec 27 09:08:52 PST 2006

== Quote from Mike Parker (aldacron71 at yahoo.com)'s article
[snip]
> I think that overall D is going to be an easier sell to C++ programmers
> than to Java types. They are two very different markets that will
> require very different strategies.

D has no chance against java/C#.  Unless, and I am aware of the diminishing
freqency of these cases, performance forces the use of another language.  D would
be a candidate for that other language.  It is the only situation where pitching D
to java/C# people is not a waste of time.

D is a low level language competing with C/C++/ASM.

It has a chance but I don't know how long the window of opportunity will last.